After the intersection closes, a signed detour will direct motorists to the Highway 65/Highway 95 interchange, located 2.5 miles north of the Main Street South/Highway 65 intersection.
The Highway 65/County Road 43/313th Avenue Northeast intersection, located on the east side of Highway 65, across from the Main Street South/Highway 65 intersection, is open permanently.
Motorists should plan for the following on Highway 65 near Cambridge beginning Sept. 28:
• Highway 65 between 305th Avenue and 357th Avenue will remain a single lane in each direction, with two-way, head-to-head traffic on the future northbound lanes while crews complete the future southbound side of the road. The posted speed limit on Highway 65 between 305th Avenue and 357th Avenue is reduced to 55 mph.
• The Main Street South/Highway 65 intersection will be closed for up to 10 days beginning Wednesday, Sept. 28; the schedule is weather dependent.
• The Highway 65/Palisade Drive intersection will remain closed through early-November.• The Highway 65/County Road 43/313th Avenue Northeast intersection has opened permanently.
• All lanes of Highway 65 are scheduled to open by early November 2017.
• Crews will resurface Highway 65 south of 305th Avenue to the Isanti County line beginning in spring 2018. Information on the required lane closures will be issued when details become available.
Motorists who travel Highway 65 through Cambridge should plan their travel, expect additional travel time during peak travel times, and watch for construction crews, heavy equipment and slow or stopped or traffic.
The work and lane closures are part of 2017-2018 project to improve Highway 65 between Cambridge and the Isanti/Anoka county line, located south of Isanti, near Bethel. The project will resurface the roadway, extend turn lanes, repair or replace drainage infrastructure, resurface the Highway 65/Highway 95 interchange ramps in Cambridge, make intersection improvements, upgrade signal systems and improve pedestrian accessibility along the corridor.
When complete in 2018, the project will improve the ride, drainage and safety along 14 miles of Highway 65.