Jeannie Winselman and Audrey Clough
SAC’s Enrichment Center
We are honored to announce our 2017 Isanti County Outstanding Senior Citizens. This award recognizes outstanding senior citizens who have contributed their time and talent to benefit their community after reaching the age of 65.
Our female Outstanding Senior Citizen is Judy Hegstrom, a dedicated volunteer in her community, Isanti County and the state of Minnesota. Her volunteer work includes volunteering for the Braham Event Center, Tusen Tack, East Central Minnesota Habitat for Humanity, Braham Evangelical Covenant Church, East Central Regional Library Link Site and numerous other organizations.
Judy has been involved with planning the Braham Event Center since 2007 and continues to be on the task force managing the Center. As one nominator stated, “When Judy says she will do something, you can always count on her to do it.”
Our male Outstanding Senior Citizen is Arne Everson, a citizen who makes a big difference in our community because of his passion for promoting the arts and a commitment to the community. He is an accomplished director, organizer, singer and supporter of all the arts. Arne was a founding member and current President of the Cambridge Center for the Arts Board. He served as co-chair for the Cambridge Lutheran Capital Fund Drive and the Building Renovation Team. Described as “a progressive and active contributor to our community,” Arne’s dedication and willingness go beyond what may be expected of any volunteer.
These outstanding citizens will ride in the Isanti Jubilee Days Parade on July 6 and will be honored at the Isanti County Fair on July 20 from 1-4 p.m. Winners at the county level will move on to compete at the Minnesota State Fair and will be recognized on Senior Day, Aug. 31, at the fair.
July 3 and July 4 – Closed.
Wednesday, July 5
• 8:30 a.m. – Morning Stretch.
• 9 a.m. – Cribbage.
• 1 p.m. – Medicare Class.
Thursday, July 6
BLT & Tomato Soup
• 9:30 a.m. – Walking.
• Noon – “500” cards.
• Wednesday, July 12 – Midwest Country Show, Angie Senser, Billye Jane Kruse. Leave at 10:15 a.m. and return by 5 p.m. Lunch at Cassidy’s. Angie hails from the city of St. Francis. There will be time to check out the Ben Franklin Store and shop at the little boutique across the street from theater. Four spaces available on bus. Please come in and pay for trip next week.
• Thursday, July 20 – Arboretum in Chanhanssen. Leave Center at 8:15 a.m. We will board the Arboretum Trumpet Creeper Tram at 10:30 a.m. for a narrated tour of the 1,215 acres of gardens and woodlands highlighting the many collections, display gardens and demonstration gardens. Some time will be spent at the gift shop and then we will go to lunch at Maynard’s on Lake Minnetonka. This group will be taking the Heartland Express bus. Cost is $21 for tram and park entrance and $15 for transportation. We need at least eight more people to sign up for trip.
• Thursday, Aug. 10, Midwest Country Show. Dan Lund, Gloria Jean, Dan Gaarder, Railroad Rob. Get out your boots and hop the bus to Sandstone. We might eat at the new restaurant at the Casino in Hinckley.
• Wednesday, Aug. 16. Plymouth Playhouse: Heartsongs. This event has been canceled by the Playhouse Theater. Don’t know if they plan on adding another play in it’s place.
• Sept. 18, Mississippi Cruise. This trip filled up quickly. We have a long waiting list and have decided if we get at least 30 people on our waiting list, we will put together another Cruise a week or so later. Please call to be put on the waiting list. SAC’s is offering an awesome day trip. Join us as we take in the beautiful sites along the mighty Mississippi River on a four-hour cruise aboard the Jonathan Padelford River Boat. This historical narrated cruise travels from Harriet Island in St. Paul through the Ford Lock and Dam – Lock No. 1 from St. Paul into Minneapolis and returning to Harriet Island. As we cruise we will feast on a buffet of BBQ chicken, pulled pork, potato salad and all the “fixins.” A great price, $74 for a great trip. Call SAC’s (763-689-6555) or Sandie (763-706-7562) to add your name to our guest waiting list.