The East Central Regional Arts Council wishes to announce to all local artists, organizations providing arts programming, and schools within Region 7E (the Minnesota counties of Pine, Isanti, Chisago, Kanabec, and Mille Lacs) that there are five April 1 art grant deadlines.
– Art in Our Schools Grants: School districts may apply for arts related funding up to $3,000. A recent grantee is the Braham Area High School.
– Small/Art Project Grants: Nonprofit organizations, art groups, school districts, and local units of government may apply for arts funding ranging from $500 to $5,000. Recent grantees are the city of Cambridge, East Central Minnesota Pride, Franconia Sculpture Park, In His Steps Ballet & Performing Arts Company, Pine Center for the Arts, Pine City Arts Council and Wyoming Area Creative Arts Community.
– Arts and Cultural Heritage Grants for Organizations: Nonprofit organizations, art groups, school districts, and local units of government may apply for arts funding ranging from $5,000 to $15,000. Recent grantees are Ecumen Parmley Lifepoints, Princeton School District No. 477, Mora Public Schools, Chisago Lakes Community Education, Franconia Sculpture Park and Onamia Public Schools Community Education.
– Arts and Cultural Heritage Grants for Individuals: Individual artists may apply for arts project funding up to $2,500. Eligible applicants must be permanent residents in Region 7E. Recent grantees are Keith Raivo, Brook Park and Kelli Rae Tubbs, Chisago City.
– McKnight Individual Artist Grants: Individual artists may apply for arts project funding up to $1,000. Eligible applicants must be permanent residents in Region 7E. Recent grantees are Steve Weihsmann, North Branch; Chad Filley, Cambridge; Michael Anderson, Mora; and Wendy Hazzard, Wyoming.
If you are interested in applying for a grant you may find it useful to attend the upcoming ECRAC Grant Info Session on Thursday, March 9, at 1 p.m. This session will include basic information about all ECRAC art grant programs, as well as recent changes to the grant application processes.
If you have already attended a grant information session in the past, a refresher is always a good idea to keep you up to date with any new grant requirements and recent changes to the application processes.
This session will be held at the East Central Regional Arts Council office located at 112 Main Ave. S. in Braham. Advance registration is required.
To register, call the East Central Regional Arts Council office at 320-396-2337 extension 1, or email [email protected]
These grant programs are made possible with funds provided by The McKnight Foundation and thanks to Minnesota legislative appropriations from the State General Fund and the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund.