My name is Ross Benzen and I graciously ask the citizens of Braham to consider my candidacy for mayor. I was born and raised in Braham, now living and raising my own family here. My wife Marianne and I have two kids, Natalie, 7, and Eli, 4.
I believe I have strong leadership skills, integrity, faith, and responsibility to provide Braham with the tools it needs to strive with past and future heritage and goals. Through teamwork and cooperation, I will do my best to make Braham the best it can be. I have been active in the community and surrounding area, since moving back here almost 10 years ago. I went to Bethel College and graduated with a Bachelors Degree in Business Management. I currently serve on the Braham Fire Department as the Assistant Captain and Treasurer, and I work for the Isanti County Sheriff’s Office as a dispatcher and SWAT Medic.
As your mayor, my priorities will include:
• Making sure Braham has a strong public safety presence throughout town and a great fire safety program within our school system. I have coordinated fire safety week along with the BFD and the elementary school for the last two years, along with synchronizing a mock prom crash for those at the high school twice.
• Dedication to listening to the citizens of Braham and providing a great place to live, this includes curb appeal and general upkeep of the city.
• Supporting and assisting business growth.
• Focusing on responsible budgeting and maintaining taxes.
• Being diligent on continued street maintenance and water-sewer issues.
I am humbled to live in Braham. As your potential mayor, I ask for your vote Nov. 4. I thank you in advance for your support and look forward to serving each one of you.