Plans for the construction of a Family Dollar store in Isanti are moving forward.
During the Isanti City Council meeting July 15, the council approved the site plan-building appearance for Family Dollar to be constructed at 391 Cherrywood St. NE.
City staff has been working with Family Dollar’s consultants for some time for the construction of an 8,320-square-foot retail store.
The building will be constructed on a 1.21-acre parcel just off Heritage Boulevard, east of Minnco Credit Union.
Preliminary plat approved for Fairway Greens, phase seven
Community Development Director Roxanne Achman explained in her staff memo that in 2005, Iverson Real Estate Corporation preliminarily platted the entire Fairway Greens area; however, the developer only final platted a portion of the single-family home lots, leaving a large outlot to the east of the development.
The property is generally located east along Wendover Street Northeast, north of Heritage Boulevard Northeast.
Centra Homes LLC purchased the outlot for future development and approached city staff several months ago to discuss the preliminary platting of one or two lots on Wendover Street Northeast for the construction of a home for the project manager when development of the area begins.
City staff felt it would be more efficient to work with the developer to generate a development agreement to create a preliminary plat of the entire outlot of 48 lots and a phasing plan to final-plat the lots over a number of years. This would provide the city with future infrastructure.
At this time, Centra Homes is requesting to only final-plat two lots. The remainder will be phased in over several years, which will detailed in the development agreement that is currently being worked on.
The preliminary plat will consist of 48 total lots; 40 will be platted for single-family houses with home sizes of 1,200 square feet.
The remaining eight will also be single-family houses with 960 square feet of livable space.
The council approved the preliminary plat for Fairway Greens, phase seven.
In other action, the council:
• Was informed by Isanti Mayor George Wimmer that the city’s credit rating has been upgraded to an AA-. Wimmer said this improved credit rating will lead to significant savings for the city as it moves forward with city projects. Wimmer said the improved rating is due to the amount of cash the city has on hand, the city’s financial planning and policies, and strong financial management.
• Approved nuisance abatements on the following properties: 1105 Rum River Drive SW, 908 Isanti Parkway NW, 100 Fifth Ave. SW, 601 Cedar St. SW and 314 Arabian Lane SE.
• Awarded the bid for Heritage Boulevard Trail repair to Rum River Contracting for $5,704.
• Awarded the bid for Unity Lift Station improvements at Unity Boulevard and First Avenue Northwest to Kuechle Underground for $224,510. The engineer’s estimate was $350,000.
• Approved an application for an exempt gambling permit from Isanti County Pheasants Forever to hold a raffle event Sept. 5 at Spectacular Events Banquet Center.