Many employees of Isanti County were honored for their years of service at the county’s Employee Recognition and Wellness Picnic June 18.
Reaching the 30-year milestone are Sheriff’s Office staff Karen Henderson, dispatcher; James Johnson, deputy, who is retiring; and Roxanne Mellin, office staff.
Barbara Anderson was recognized for reaching 25 years in Public Health’s WIC office.
Reaching the 20-year mark are Trina Bergloff, interim Zoning administrator; Sandra Doi Paulbick, dispatcher, Sheriff’s Office; Judy Hanson, jail staff, Sheriff’s Office; and Cheryl Terhaar, Victim Services, Attorney’s Office.
Employees who have been with the county for 15 years include Jana Amsrud, Debra Barringer, Dave Boman, Kevin Carlson, Linda Flom, Shirley Juntti, Rock Lewandowski, Janice Lutterman, Robert Potts, Brian Ricke, Janice Rowland, Rhonda Stegeman and Karla Voge.
Honored for 10 years of service: Christian Anderson, Wade Book, Dennis Carpenter, Michelle Dowling, Heidi Fowler, Juli Hager, Julie Hultman, DeNae Jensen, Mark Jensen, Melissa Longren, Kristy Pipenhagen and Robert Shogren.
Making it to five years: Richard Finley, Sam Klocksein, Penny Messer, Karen Nelson, Maureen Spike and Jonathan VanderVegt.
In other action, the board:
- Promoted deputy Lance Olson to sergeant, effective June 12. He, along with deputy Mike Burkhardt, were sworn into their posts by Sheriff Bill Guenther.
- Hired Trisha Dunks as part-time dispatcher and moved dispatcher Bob Shogren from part-time to full-time.
- Approved county aid reimbursement checks of $500 and $280 to Springvale and Dalbo townships, respectively, for their clean-up days last spring.
- Tabled a preliminary plat request involving a three lot plat for Towering Pines in Spencer Brook Township. Though the request passed the county Planning Commission, with the condition of township approval, the county board did not follow suit out of concern that Spencer Brook has no legal authority to do so. The board anticipates revisiting the issue at its first meeting in July.
- Approved Leland Johnson’s request for a preliminary plat of CP Johnson Addition in Isanti Township.
- Approved, by resolution, a revision to the East Central Solid Waste Commission’s Solid Waste Management Plan, which is required to be updated every 10 years. The revision involves the commission’s desire to expand the landfill, while the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency requires a plan update beforehand.
- Appointed Gwen O’Brien as District 1 representative on the Public Health Commission.
- Hired Anthony Hennen as senior assistant county engineer, effective July 7.