I’m announcing my candidacy for County Commissioner of Isanti County District 2.
An effective County Commissioner needs strong communication and negotiation skills, leadership ability, management experience, the ability to work cooperatively with others, and have a vision for the future. My long-standing commitment to community activism, in addition to my progressive development as the owner of several businesses, will provide residents of District 2 with a Commissioner who will be responsive, open, available and fiscally sound.
My wife Peggy, son Ryan and I have lived in Stanchfield for 21 years. Peggy and I have been the proprietors of the Cambridge Bar & Grill for 15 years. When I first moved to the Isanti County area 26 years ago, I worked at a manufacturing company. In 2007, I founded my own manufacturing company, and three years ago incorporated a custom machined parts manufacturing facility which now provides specialty products for customers throughout the U. S.
In addition to my proven business management abilities, I’ve been deeply involved as a local community activist:
• Grandy Lions Club – 21 year member
• Grandy Lions Club Gambling Manager – 19 years
• Tree Farm System Participant
• Isanti County Ag Society – Member
• Isanti County Sportsman Club – Life member
• Minnesota Safe-Ride Charity – current Chairman
• MADD Greater Minnesota Public Safety Representative Award 2011
• Braham Moose Lodge – Member since 1993
• Minnesota Deer Hunters Association – Member
• Rank of Eagle Scout – Awarded 1978
• Cambridge Chamber of Commerce – Current Member
Above all, I want the voters of District 2 to know that as your Commissioner – the Commissioner’s Office is your office. It will be a great honor and privilege to serve as a representative for all the residents of District 2.
I, Loren Davis, ask for your vote for Isanti County Commissioner on August 12, 2014.
— Article submitted by Loren Davis