Braham City Council discussed different security and catering options for the new community center at its Jan. 7 meeting.
The main focus was related to events with alcohol. The council discussed using off-duty officers for those events, noting other options include private security. Though no action took place, the council advised the community center to consult with the insurance company.
In other action, the council:
• Approved the purchase of a fire department truck from the city of Wyoming.
• Approved the sale of pull tabs at Braham Lanes to the Goose Lake Association as long as the organization puts some money back into the city.
• Approved the appointment of Betty Keenan to the Park Manor Board.
• Approved a resolution to remove snow from private streets.
• Approved the East Central Regional Library Agreement, which approves putting the library in the community center.