COLLEGE SPORTS NOTES: Cambridge-Isanti graduate Rachel Kalk is a junior competing on the Bethel University women’s track & field squad. Kalk placed 3rd in the long jump at MIAC Indoor meet in March and won the 60-meter hurdles at last Saturday’s meet forced indoors because of the weather.
• Cambridge-Isanti grad Hannah Mueller is a sophomore jumper and hurdler for the Winona State women’s track & field squad. Mueller was 4th in the long jump at the NSIC Indoor meet and placed 2nd in the 100 hurdles at the Oshkosh Open.
• Cambridge-Isanti grad Tyler Tischer was a freshman on the Minnesota State-Moorhead wrestling squad this past season. Tischer placed 5th at 133 lbs. for the Dragons at the Bison Open.
• Braham grad Austyn Eng is a freshman on the Bemidji State women’s track & field squad. Eng placed 13th in the pole vault at the April 6 Hamline Indoor meet.
• Cambridge-Isanti grads Joe Renier and Sam Renier are teammates on the Gustavus Adolphus College men’s track & field team. Joe ran to a 15th place in the 5,000-meter at the MIAC Indoor in March.
• Cambridge-Isanti grad Wyatt Soderquist is a junior outfielder for the University of Wisconsin-Superior baseball squad. Soderquist is batting .338 in 19 games for the Yellowjackets (10-13 so far).
• Cambridge-Isanti grad Garrett Hedberg is a sophomore infielder on the St. John’s University baseball squad.
• Cambridge-Isanti grad Hannah Knickerbocker is a junior on the Concordia College women’s track & field team. Knickerbocker placed 6th in the 5,000-meter for the Cobbers at the recent Augustana outdoor meet.
• Cambridge-Isanti grad Trevor Galligan is a freshman mid-distance runner on the Concordia College men’s track & field team.
• Tacita Gonzalez, a sophomore point guard at Anoka-Ramsey Community College, was named to the 2013 NJCAA Division III All-American team. The Fridley grad led the Golden Rams in scoring (12.3 points/game), assists (3.5/game) and steals (2.3/game). Anoka-Ramsey finished the year with a 24-7 record, winning a fourth consecutive MCAC Southern Division Championship and advancing to the national tournament for the fourth year in a row.