COLLEGE SPORTS NOTES: Braham grad Jonah Dahlman earned UMAC Honorable Mention accolades for St. Scholastica men’s basketball this season. Dahlman, a senior, averaged 11.6 points per game, which was third-best on the team and had team-highs in assists (96) and steals (40). In league games, he was second in the conference with 61 assists.
• Cambridge-Isanti grad Garet Chumley closed out his college hockey career for St. Scholastica with 3 goals and 6 assists for the Saints this season. The Saints finished 13-14-1 on the year. Chumley, who made Academic All-NCHA, spent his first two years after high school playing for the Jersey Hitmen of the EJHL.
• Cambridge-Isanti grad Tori Marlton is currently 5-4 as a sophomore singles player for St. Cloud State women’s tennis. The Huskies are 6-1 in NSIC matches and 12-9 overall heading into this week’s action.
• Cambridge-Isanti grads Kailee McDonald and Deandra Vavra were teammates on the University of Wisconsin-Superior women’s basketball team this season. McDonald, a senior, averaged 2.1 points/game to go with 59 rebounds and 18 assists. Sophomore Vavra averaged 7.5 points/game while grabbing 82 rebounds and finishing with 68 assists for the Yellowjackets (19-8 overall).
• Braham grad Devin Diedrich returned from a knee injury to close out her career last autumn for Southwest Minnesota State volleyball. Diedrich racked up 313 kills and 115 blocks for the Mustangs who went 30-3 and reached the second round of the NCAA Div. II tourney. C-I grad Julia Walfoort was red-shirted this past season and is on the 2013 roster for the Mustangs.
• Braham grad Tyler Vaughan finished his freshman season for the Minnesota State-Moorhead men’s basketball squad. Vaughan averaged 9.9 points/game while hitting 76 three-pointers; he also had 75 rebounds and 38 assists for the Dragons (19-11 overall).
• Cambridge-Isanti grad Clayton Jennissen finished his freshman season with a 19-5 individual record at 174 lbs. for St. Cloud State wrestling. The Huskies went 21-0 in overall duals this winter and finished 2nd to Nebraska-Kearney at the NCAA Div. II championships.