The Braham City Council approved a resolution authorizing the approval of an East Central Regional Arts Council grant application for a proposed sculpture garden.
At the Braham City Council meeting on Tuesday, March 5, the council also agreed to donate a portion of the money needed to complete the project.
Audit presentation rescheduled due to weather
Due to inclement weather, the annual audit presentation was rescheduled for April 2 at 6:30 p.m. The same day, a public hearing will be held at 7 p.m. The purpose of the public hearing is to modify Tax Increment Financing District 2-8 to remove parcels and establish Tax Increment District 2-10, and to adopt a Tax Increment Financing Plan related thereto. The regular city council meeting will follow the public hearing at Braham City Hall.
In other action, the council:
• Approved the hiring of two part-time liquor store clerks. Step 1 for liquor store clerks is $9.44 per hour.
• The personnel policy was clarified when the council accepted new language defining double, not triple, holiday pay.
• The following actions to the Park Manor Board were approved: Reinstating Sharon Jaques and Judy Olson, accepting Terry Turnquist’s resignation and appointing Carl Fredrickson.
• Approved the Braham Firefighters Relief Association Raffle Permit Application for Aug. 2.
• The discussion about offering different water and sewer payment options will continue at the April meeting.
• The dates for the open Board of Review for Braham are April 15-19, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the Assessor’s Office at the Isanti County Government Center in Cambridge.