Anoka Technical College offers free workshop to complete financial aid application
Financial aid experts from Anoka Technical College invite college-bound students and their families who are seeking financial aid to attend any college in the country to a free Financial Aid Workshop on Feb. 19.
College staff will answer financial aid questions and provide one-on-one assistance with completing the financial aid application called the FAFSA. Attendees are also welcome to enter a drawing to win a $500 scholarship to the college of their choice.
The event will be held on Feb. 19, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Anoka Technical College, Hwy 10, Anoka, in Rooms 132, 134, 135.
This is free event, and no registration is required. The public is welcome
For additional information, call 763-576-4760 or email Finaid@anokatech.edu.
Items needed to complete the FAFSA
• Social Security number
• Alien registration number, if you are not a U.S. citizen
• Driver’s license number, if you have one
• 2012 tax information or tax returns for you and your parents (if applicable)
• Information on savings, investments, and business and farm assets for you and your parents (if applicable)
• Records of untaxed income
This event is part of a national initiative to bring financial aid professionals together with those seeking financial aid for higher education. Anoka Technical College is one many locations throughout Minnesota offering financial aid workshops. Additional locations can be found at MinnesotaCollegeGoal.org.