Vote no on Voter ID
Before you vote on the Voter ID Amendment, please consider that putting this amendment into the state constitution would deny citizens of their legal right to vote. Consider these statistic from the non-partisan League of Women Voters Minnesota:
• 18 percent of elderly citizens do not have a government-issued photo ID.
• 15 percent of voters earning less than $35,000 a year do not have a photo ID.
• 18 percent of citizens aged 18-24 do not have a government-issued ID with their current address and name.
• 10 percent of voters with disabilities do not have a photo ID.
• 25 percent of African-American citizens of voting age do not have a current, government-issued ID.