Hinckley man back in jail for continuing to stalk Braham ex-girlfriend

A Hinckley man is back in jail for continuing to stalk an ex-girlfriend from Braham.

Jesse Michael Ericson, 46, appeared before Judge P. Hunter Anderson July 13 in 10th Judicial District Court in Cambridge where he was charged with felony stalking-pattern of stalking conduct and gross misdemeanor stalking-follow, monitor, pursues another.

Bail for Ericson was set at $200,000 without conditions or $100,000 with conditions with his next court appearance set for July 26. As of Tuesday afternoon, July 17, he remained in custoday in Isanti County Jail.

According to the criminal complaint:

According to the criminal complaint filed in Isanti County, on April 2, a Harassment Restraining Order was signed ordering Ericson to have no contact with his ex-girlfriend or her residence. That order remains in effect until April 2, 2013.

The victim told law enforcement she received a text message from a phone number belonging to Erickson on April 6.

On April 20, Ericson went to the victim’s residence with the presence Braham Police Chief Robert Knowles to collect his personal belongings. Ericson also left the victim a five-page handwritten letter asking her to forget his past and apologized.

On April 26, the victim informed law enforcement she had received two phone calls from Ericson.

The victim contacted law enforcement June 22 and indicated Ericson was continuing to contact people associated with her. The victim claimed Ericson was inquiring about vehicles seen at her residence and looking for general information about her.

On June 29, the victim again contact law enforcement and indicated Ericson’s father informed her that Ericson was monitoring her cell phone and had someone in her neighborhood was monitoring her as well. The victim also indicated Ericson tried to make an appointment with her mental health worker to gain information.

On July 9, Officer Eric Anderson of the Braham Police Department met with Ericson after seeing his interview with a Twin Cities news station and making comments about the case. The victim said after she saw the television interview she was scared, and felt his comments were directed at her.

The complaint noted that during all the contacts with law enforcement, the victim was shaking, crying and in some cases hyper ventilating when describing Ericson’s actions.

Kidnapping charges

Erickson had been previously charged in Pine County May 1 with three counts of conspiracy to commit kidnapping after he told an undercover officer with the East Central Drug and Violent Offenders Task Force who was posing as a hit man that he would pay him $150,000 to kidnap and kill his ex-girlfriend.

Ericson posted bail June 14, according to Pine County court administration. After posting conditional bail, he was given a GPS bracelet that kept track of his whereabouts. He was not allowed to leave his home without permission from a probation officer.