Gregory Winter, Superintendent, Dist. 314
The Minnesota School Boards Association has set Feb. 20-24 as “School Board Recognition Week” in Minnesota as a time to build awareness and understanding of the vital function an elected board of education plays in our society.
The Braham Area School District is joining all public school districts across the state to celebrate School Board Recognition Week to honor local board members for their commitment to Braham and its children and to recognize the important contributions board members make to their communities.
The key work of school boards is to raise student achievement by:
• Creating a vision for what the community wants the school district to be and for making student achievement the top priority;
• Establishing standards for what students will be expected to learn and be able to do;
• Ensuring progress is measured to be sure the district’s goals are achieved and students are learning at expected levels;
• Being accountable for their decisions and actions by continually tracking and reporting results;
• Creating a safe, orderly climate where students can learn and teachers can teach;
• Forming partnerships with others in the community to solve common problems; and
• Focusing attention on the need for continuous improvement by questioning, refining and revising issues related to student achievement.
The citizens of our community and our students benefit every day from the countless hours and dedicated energies of their local school board members. Board members unselfishly contribute their time and talents toward the advancement of public education. They represent a continuing commitment to local citizens and decision making in public education.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank the members of the Braham Area Schools’ Board of Education for their hard work and dedication:
Mr. Steven Eklund – since January 1998*
Mr. Max Eng – since January 2006
Mr. Anthony Cuda – since January 2008
Mrs. Tammy Ceaglske – since January 2010
Mr. Zane Braund – January 2012
Mrs. Angie Flowers – January 2012
Mr. Robert Hughes – January 2012
*Mr. Eklund also served on the School Board from July 1983 through June 1989.
For more information on the Braham Area School District visit www.braham.k12.mn.us.