Sub. Coordinator and Volunteer
At the end of each year it becomes more difficult to figure out what happened to the past year. It is time to think about the coming New Year and enjoy each day for today does not return tomorrow. A great place to enjoy your Monday and Wednesdays in the upcoming New Year is at Isanti Senior Dining held on Monday and Wednesdays in the Isanti Community Center. Starting at 11 a.m. we can enjoy entertainment some days, Bingo other days, and good fellowship each day we are together for our nutritious meal that is served at noon.
Our Christmas Dinner on Dec. 21 was a colorful and enjoyable time together and we thank all the great Isanti Eighth Grade Choirs that appeared with some wearing antlers, their Director and Principal, and singing all those wonderful Christmas songs as they wound their way around the seniors’ tables. Many thanks for that great treat received from our very own Isanti young people and their obvious joy of singing.
We look ahead now with January Happenings and a reminder to come early and walk the perimeter of the room to get some of that cabin fever worked off and the exercise we need.
• Monday, Jan. 2.: Ruth and her Nutritional Bingo at 11:15 a.m.
• Wednesday Jan. 4: Pie of the Month Day—Activity at this time not confirmed.
• Monday, Jan. 9: Bingo at 11 a.m. Angie Swenson and Blood Pressure Day.
• Wednesday, Jan. 11: Youth Day.
• Monday, Jan. 16: Undetermined. Bingo? Martin Luther King, Jr. Day.
• Wednesday, Jan. 18: Mufflers, Mitten, Mugs, and Mellows…Celebrate Winter.
• Monday, Jan. 23: Bingo.
• Wednesday, Jan. 25: Surprise Day.
• Monday, Jan. 30: Bingo.
Reservations may be made at Site or by calling Edith at 763-689-5992. Suggested contribution for persons 60+ and volunteers is $3.50 – $7. Guests under 60 pay $7.
Partially funded under contract with the Central Minnesota Council of Aging as part of the Older Americans Act and Administered by Catholic Charities of the Diocese of St. Cloud.