From radio communications to rescue equipment, East Central Energy’s (ECE) Operation Round Up® (ORU) Trust recently helped several emergency response crews meet critical needs.
Funded by ECE members who generously agree to have their monthly electric bill rounded up to the next dollar, the trust provided grants totaling more than $32,700 to 18 organizations this spring. The charitable giving program is overseen by an independent trust board of ECE members, which meets quarterly to review grant applications.
The following local organizations received grants in this cycle:
• Dalbo Fire Department, Dalbo, MN, $5,261 to assist with conversion to 800 MHz radio equipment.
• Cambridge-Isanti Area Softball Association, Cambridge, MN, $2,000 for materials needed to install playground equipment at Sandquist Park.
• The Refuge Network, Cambridge, MN, $1,735 to purchase a large capacity, energy-efficient clothes washer and dryer for the domestic abuse shelter.
• Harbor Room/CMC Foundation, Cambridge, MN, $2,500 to help purchase kits for the Beautiful You makeup class for cancer patients.
• Cambridge-Isanti Diamond Club, Cambridge, MN, $1,000 to be used toward repairs and improvements at the community youth baseball field.
• Braham Area High School, Braham, MN, $1,000 to be used toward grading and refurbishing the school track.
For an average donation of about $6 per year, you can join your fellow ECE members in these important community activities. If you who would like to join the Operation Round Up program, you can sign up by calling 1-800-254-7944 or checking the box at the bottom of your ECE statement. Non-profit organizations which serve ECE members may contact Julie Johnson, 763-689-8046, if they are interested in applying for an Operation Round Up grant.